Where can I get help?


Begin by contacting the Community Counselling Program. They can guide you through the options available to you.  You can find programs and other supports through your local Health and Social Services Authority or visit

If your employer has an Employee Assistance Program, ask for the contact information.

Territorial help maybe found at:

  • The NWT Help Line, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 1-800-661-0844.
  • The NWT Quitline, a free confidential help line for smokers who want to quit. It provides trained Cessation Counsellors as well as personalized call back programs. It also offers quit smoking reading materials and translation services for all NWT languages.  Call toll-free 1-866-286-5099, 24 hours a day.
  • The Kids Help Phone is a national 24/7 phone counseling service that is free, anonymous and confidential for ages 20 and under. This bilingual service may be reached toll-free at 1-800-668-6868.