Should I call?
Do you feel embarrassed about talking to a friend or family member about a problem?
Are you afraid people will judge you if you tell them how you feel?
Do you live in a small community and fear that if you talk to someone, then everyone will know your problems?
Do you need help finding information or a helpful resource in your community?
Are you dealing with a crisis and need a supportive person to talk to?
Are you working through grief and loss?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, we might be able to help.
Why Call Us?
- We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- You do not need to tell us your name
- We will not tell anyone else you called
- All calls are free to Northwest Territories residents
- We do not trace calls
- We will not judge you
- We can offer you follow-up phone calls
- We will listen and try to help
Need to Talk?
- Alcohol/ Drug issues?
- Do you want a follow-up call from us?
- Feeling like suicide is an option?
- Need a referral?
- Need Information?
- Stressed out?
We are here to listen
Questions or Concerns?
Note: This email address is available to the public to answer general (not urgent) questions regarding the Northwest Territories Help Line. You will be contacted within 5 business days.
If this is an emergency, please contact your local health centre, or the RCMP.